The Marshall W. Nirenberg Papers
- [Marshall Nirenberg at The White House with Robert Q. Marston, Perola Nirenberg, President Lyndon B. Johnson, and Wilber Cohen]
High resolution version (8,031,010 Bytes)
- This photograph was taken three years after Marshall Nirenberg had been awarded the National Medal of Science from President
Lyndon B. Johnson, for his work on protein synthesis and the genetic code.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (159,724 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1968
- History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: A030286
- Courtesy of William Leonard.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Translating the Code of Life and the Nobel Prize, 1962-1968
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Slides (photographs)
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: