Original Repository: Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives. Victor Almon McKusick Collection
Reproduced with permission of Marian Boyer.
The Bar Harbor Course and "McKusick's Catalog," 1960-1980
September 28, 1961
Thank you for the students' comments concerning the Bar Harbor Course. Concentrating only on the amendments, I suggest
1. The lighting, screen projection facilities, light control, etc., can be improved.
2. Apparently padding is wanted at seat level.
3. An adequate housing bureau should be operative. The students were apparently not unanimously pleased, particularly those
with famlies. I do not suppose that those of us who made our own arrangements are ever entirely aware of the discomfort of
certain of our fellows.
1. Bibliographies should be prepared for distribution by each lecturer. There is apparently a desire for wider reading and
good bibliographies will cement our purposes especially with an audience that does not habitually read PNAS, etc.
2. A recommendation of pre-course reading (the same as suggested for our seminar course) would answer the need expressed by
3. Evening sessions begin at 7:30 p.m.
4. If the cost of the facilities items are going to cut into salaries then I suggest a modest token fee rather than diminishing
staff salaries as a solution. The bulk of the students were subsidized, in whole or part, so a small token should work no