The Victor A. McKusick Papers
- [Anne and Victor McKusick with Virginia Apgar]
High resolution version (10,474,814 Bytes)
- Caption on back reads, "probably 1966, World Congress of Human Genetics in Chicago."
- Dr. Virginia Apgar (1909-1974), pioneering neonatologist and developer of the Apgar Score for evaluating newborns, was the
director of the Division of Congenital Malformations at the March of Dimes from 1959. She was responsible for reviewing grant
applications, raising public and professional awareness of birth defects and the research in progress, and encouraging support
for research in this area, often traveling thousands of miles every year.
- Apgar is to Victor McKusick's left.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (266,051 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1966
- Original Repository: Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives. Victor Almon McKusick Collection
- Courtesy of the Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- The Bar Harbor Course and "McKusick's Catalog," 1960-1980
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: