The Christian B. Anfinsen Papers
- Letter from Yitzhak Rabin to Libby Anfinsen
- Israeli Prime Minister Rabin wrote Libby Anfinsen to offer his condolences for the loss of her husband.
- Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (48,744 Bytes)
- 1995-08-06 (August 6, 1995)
- Rabin, Yitzhak
- Anfinsen, Libby
- Courtesy of Libby Anfinsen.
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- Biographical Information
- Box Number: 12
- Folder Number: 9
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1965-1999
- SubSeries: Chronological Files, 1965-1999
- Folder: 1994-1995
- August 6, 1995
- Dear Mrs. Anfinsen,
- It is with great sadness that I read of the passing of your dear husband, Christian Anfinsen z"1.
- His passing means the loss of a great mind to humanity, and a great soul to the Jewish people. He will be sorely missed as
a man of action and as a supporter and friend of Israel.
- I will cherish the letter written by your late husband to the Nobel Committee, on my behalf. It is a memento of the tentative
beginnings of the new era which he so strongly supported.
- I am certain that the memorial ceremony to be held at John Hopkins University will honor his memory in the manner deserving
of a man of his vision and commitment.
- Israel shares your loss.
- Sincerely yours,
- Yitzhak Rabin
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: