The Wilbur A. Sawyer Papers
- [Wilbur A. Sawyer outside the UNRRA office in Shanghai, China]
High resolution version (1,639,759 Bytes)
- Sawyer retired from the Rockefeller Foundation in 1944 and supervised public health work for the United Nations Relief and
Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA) until 1947.
- NOTE: The original photograph is slightly blurry.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (49,477 Bytes)
- 1946-03 (March 1946)
- Peterson, J.
- Courtesy of the National Library of Medicine.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Public Health
- International Agencies
- Exhibit Categories:
- Post-War Work: UNRRA and Retirement, 1944-1954
- Biographical Information
- Box Number: 13
- Folder Number: 2
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Motion Pictures, -1951
- SubSeries: Albums, 1913-1951
- Folder: Sawyer family and house in Washington, D.C.; family portraits; house in Berkeley, Ca.; Oregon and Yosemite vacation (Mt. Shasta);
China; Mexico; Panama (yellow fever vaccinations); 4th International Congresses on Tropical Disease ephemera; Walter Reed
commemoration meeting (Washington, D.C.), 1945-1951
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: