The Wilbur A. Sawyer Papers
- [Wilbur A. Sawyer with azaleas along the Redwood Highway, California]
High resolution version (2,262,082 Bytes)
- Dr. Sawyer and his wife were lifelong amateur naturalists, always attracted by the local plant life encountered on travels.
Here Sawyer has stopped to enjoy the azaleas while touring in northern California with some of his family (including his brother
John, who took the photo).
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (93,078 Bytes)
- 1949-07-08 (July 8, 1949)
- Sawyer, John B.
- Reproduced with permission of Jo Sawyer.
- Exhibit Categories:
- Post-War Work: UNRRA and Retirement, 1944-1954
- Biographical Information
- Box Number: 13
- Folder Number: 3
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Photographs and Motion Pictures, -1951
- SubSeries: Albums, 1913-1951
- Folder: Sawyer family and house in Washington, D.C.; family portraits; house in Berkeley, Ca.; Oregon and Yosemite vacation (Mt. Shasta);
China; Mexico; Panama (yellow fever vaccinations); 4th International Congresses on Tropical Disease ephemera; Walter Reed
commemoration meeting (Washington, D.C.), 1945-1951
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: