The Wilbur A. Sawyer Papers
- [Raft tank and temple at Madurai, India]
High resolution version (1,080,801 Bytes)
- In January 1921, Sawyer met with Dr. Victor Heiser, the director of RF operations in the East. Heiser asked him to come along
on a three-month tour of the RF public health sites in southeast Asia, and Sawyer agreed, though it meant missing the birth
of his son (who arrived on March 23). His letters to his wife sometimes included his photos of places and people they visited,
such as this tank for ceremonial rafts at Madurai.
- NOTE: The original photograph is slightly blurry.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (32,409 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- 2 April 1921
- Sawyer, Wilbur A.
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Exhibit Category:
- From Hookworm to Yellow Fever: Rockefeller Foundation, 1919-1927
- Box Number: 2
- Folder Number: 2
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1911-1995
- SubSeries: Personal correspondence, 1911-1995
- Folder: 1921
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: