The Harold Varmus Papers
- A Proposal for Naming Host Cell Derived Inserts in Retrovirus Genomes
- Varmus and Coffin here propose a uniform nomenclature for the rapidly evolving field of viral oncology, specifically for retroviral
oncogenes and their homologues in the genome of host cells.
- This article was later published in Journal of Virology 40, no. 3 (December 1981): 953-957.
- Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 9 (455,379 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Coffin, John M.
- Varmus, Harold
- Original Repository: University of California, San Francisco. Archives and Special Collections. Harold E. Varmus Papers
- Reproduced with permission of the Regents of the University of California.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Terminology as Topic
- Exhibit Category:
- Retroviruses and the Genetic Origins of Cancer, 1970-1993
- Box Number: 2
- Folder Number: 16
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Drafts (documents)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: UCSF Collections
- SubSeries: Collection Number MSS 84-25
- SubSubSeries: Correspondence, 1971-1984
- Folder: Oncology nomenclature, 1980-1981
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: