The Sol Spiegelman Papers
- Letter from Joshua Lederberg to Sol Spiegelman
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (33,771 Bytes)
- 1948-03-02 (March 2, 1948)
- [Lederberg, Joshua]
- Spiegelman, Sol
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- Enzymes and Genetics, 1940-1955
- Letter from Sol Spiegelman to Joshua Lederberg (March 4, 1948)
- Box Number: 6
- Folder Number: 42
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Correspondence, 1946-1983
- Folder: Lederberg, Joshua, 1946-1978
- March 2, 1948
- Dear Saul
- Received your yeast strains in good condition except for Ma which had piled up alot of gas which nearly blew out the agar
when I opened the tube. I got it out all right.
- I thought you told me that you could distinguish fermentative mutants on EMB agar. I put Ma and ma on maltose EMB and found
that neither of them grew well enough to form distinguishable colonies.
- Who's wrong?
- Best regards,
- Yours sincerely,
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: