The Salvador E. Luria Papers
- [Salvador and Zella Luria on the beach at Cold Spring Harbor]
High resolution version (5,727,478 Bytes)
- In his autobiography, Luria said that, "When we married, Zella was twenty-one, twelve years younger than I, already a
woman with a remarkable mixture of strength, integrity, and reasonableness such as I have seldom encountered in anyone else."
He added, "Our relationship has been a cheerful one, marked by bantering and playfulness even in times of stress or illness."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (74,985 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. early 1950s
- Daniel Luria's personal collection.
- Courtesy of Daniel D. Luria.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Categories:
- Genetics Lessons from Bacteriophage, 1938-1944
- Biographical Information
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: