The Salvador E. Luria Papers
- [Salvador Luria]
High resolution version (13,979,697 Bytes)
- Luria joined the faculty at MIT in 1959. While there, he became one of the world's leading experts in the genetic structure
of viruses. In 1979, he was appointed Institute Professor, one of the highest honors at MIT. In 1972, Luria founded the Center
for Cancer Research and was its director for the next thirteen years.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (135,363 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- Early 1970s
- Daniel Luria's personal collection.
- Courtesy of Daniel D. Luria.
The National Library of Medicine's Profiles in Science
program has made every effort to secure proper permissions
for posting items on the web site. In this instance, however,
it has either not been possible to identify or contact the
current copyright owner.
If you have information regarding the copyright owner,
please contact us at
- Exhibit Category:
- Later Career: Teacher and Administrator, 1972-1991
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: