The C. Everett Koop Papers
- A Man Who Shoots Up Can Be Very Giving. He Can Give You and Your Baby AIDS
High resolution version (16,596,036 Bytes)
- As scientists during the early 1980s uncovered the mechanism by which AIDS is transmitted, public health agencies launched
educational campaigns that warned, as did this poster, against the risk of infection from intravenous drug use and the sharing
of contaminated needles, unprotected intercourse, and the transmission of the AIDS virus from mother to child.
- NOTE: Original slide is slightly blurry.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (707,340 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- History of Medicine Division. Prints and Photographs Collection.
- This image may also be accessed from the Images from the History of Medicine (IHM).
- URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/ihm/
- IHM Order Number: A025099
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- AIDS, the Surgeon General, and the Politics of Public Health
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Slides (photographs)
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: