The C. Everett Koop Papers
- [C. Everett Koop at White House meeting with Vice-President Al Gore to discuss a settlement with the tobacco industry]
High resolution version (7,951,203 Bytes)
- As a representative of the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, Koop participated in discussions of a proposed settlement between
the federal government and the tobacco industry to recover part of the health care costs of smoking, a settlement that collapsed
in 1998 when Congress failed to enact its provisions.
- With Koop at the the table (from left to right) are David Kesler, Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, Secretary
of Health and Human Services Donna Shalala, Vice-President Gore, and an unidentified White House aide.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (211,621 Bytes)
- 1997-07-09 (July 9, 1997)
- White House
- This item is in the public domain. It may be used without permission.
- Exhibit Category:
- Tobacco, Second-Hand Smoke, and the Campaign for a Smoke-Free America
- Folder Number:
- Scrapbook #103
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: