The Mary Lasker Papers
- Letter from Mary Lasker to William H. Natcher
- Item is a photocopy.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (33,429 Bytes)
- 1990-10-31 (October 31, 1990)
- Lasker, Mary
- Natcher, William H.
- United States House of Representatives
- Original Repository: Columbia University. Rare Book and Manuscript Library. Mary Lasker Papers
- Reproduced with permission of the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Cancer Vaccines
- Exhibit Category:
- Cancer Wars
- Box Number:
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Series I
- SubSeries: Topical Files
- SubSubSeries: Cancer
- Folder: Cancer Vaccine Workshop, NCI, 29-30 October 1990
- October 31, 1990
- Dear Chairman Natcher:
- Can you imagine a vaccine against cancer?
- A conference recently held by the National Cancer Institute discussed just this possibility. We have moved so far in cancer
research that it is now not a possibility but a probability.
- With someone in America dying every 62 seconds from cancer, we need a drastic
measure to support cancer research. Your leadership is absolutely necessary as we
- I hope this letter finds you well and that the election turns out the way you want. We are all blessed that we have you as
- Mrs. Albert D. Lasker
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: