The Fred L. Soper Papers
- "Typhus in Naples" (page 2 of 2)
High resolution version (44,695,745 Bytes)
- This two-page feature shows the de-lousing of civilians using DDT.
- The photographs feature Dr. C. M. Wheeler, a colleague of Soper and Rockefeller Foundation worker. Though Soper is not mentioned
directly in this article, he was in charge of parts of the campaign. The article shows how the de-lousing efforts were presented
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (677,589 Bytes)
- 1944-02-28 (February 28, 1944)
- Brandt, Bert
- United Press International
- Newsreel Pool
- Periodical: Brandt, Bert, United Press International, and Newsreel Pool. "Typhus in Naples" (page 2 of 2). Life 16, 9 (28 February
1944): 37. Article. Photographic Print. 1 Image.
- Time, Inc.
- Reproduced with permission of United Press International.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Lice Infestations
- Typhus, Epidemic Louse-Borne
- Exhibit Category:
- World War II: Typhus Fever and Malaria in the Mediterranean
- "Typhus in Naples" (page 1 of 2) (February 28, 1944)
- Box Number: Map Case
- Folder Number: Drawer 7
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Typhus Research, 1942-1947
- SubSeries: Typhus--Naples, Part I
- Folder: "Typhus in Naples," Life Magazine, 28 Feb 1944
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: