The Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Papers
- [Delbert Philpott setting up equipment at the Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory]
High resolution version (884,924 Bytes)
- Szent-Gyorgyi's research into the molecular basis of muscle contraction required both sophisticated equipment and staff
members who could maintain and operate it. Delbert Philpott joined the full-time staff at Woods Hole in 1953 and was responsible
for running the electron microscope and other instruments for over a decade.
- This photograph was scanned from a contact sheet of photographs taken for possible use in a publicity brochure for the Marine
Biological Laboratory. It did not appear in the brochure.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (197,484 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1954-1956
- Marine Biological Laboratory
- Original Repository: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. Marine Biological Laboratory. Library
- Reproduced with permission of the Marine Biological Laboratory.
- Exhibit Category:
- The Institute for Muscle Research, 1947-1972
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: