The Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Papers
- [Delbert Philpott operating an electron microscope at the Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory]
High resolution version (8,465,075 Bytes)
- Szent-Gyorgyi's research into the molecular basis of muscle contraction required sophisticated equipment and staff members
who could maintain and operate it. Delbert Philpott joined Szent-Gyorgyi's team in 1953 and was responsible for the electron
microscopy for all the researchers at MBL.
- This image is part of a series of photographs taken for possible use in "Research Center for the Life Sciences" [1954-1956],
a publicity brochure for the Marine Biological Laboratory. It appeared in the brochure on page 11.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 1 (182,617 Bytes)
- Date Supplied:
- ca. 1954-1956
- Marine Biological Laboratory
- Original Repository: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. Marine Biological Laboratory. Library
- Reproduced with permission of the Marine Biological Laboratory.
- Exhibit Category:
- The Institute for Muscle Research, 1947-1972
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Photographic prints
- Physical Condition:
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: