The Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Papers
- [Albert Szent-Gyorgyi discusses his approach to research]
High resolution Quicktime (1,318,341 Bytes)
High resolution RealMedia (1,341,182 Bytes)
Normal resolution Quicktime (171,693 Bytes)
Normal resolution RealMedia (203,511 Bytes)
- French physiologist Claude Bernard was one of Szent-Gyorgyi's heroes, and he often repeated Bernard's observation
that basic research was like going hunting in the woods.
- Running Time:
- 34 seconds
- National Foundation for Cancer Research
- NLM HMD Collection, call number WZ 100 VC no. 41 1984
- Albert Szent-Gyorygi: A Special Gift. National Foundation for Cancer Research. 01:03:38:15-01:04:12:06 on DigiBeta tape.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi: A Special Gift (1984)
- Pacific Street Film Projects
- Reproduced with permission of the National Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Research Design
- Exhibit Category:
- The National Foundation for Cancer Research, 1973-1986
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Video recordings
- Physical Condition:
- ALBERT SZENT-GYORGYI: The greatest physiologist who ever lived was Claude Bernard, and he said research is like going out
hunting. You take your gun under your arm, and you walk in the fields and you wait til something flies out somewhere and then
you shoot. And he said research is like that; you just walk, walk along and try find a new trail somewhere, until you find
something unexpected. Now whether you WILL find something depends on your brain. . .
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: