The Edward D. Freis Papers
- Rauwolfia Against High Blood Pressure
- Freis's work is mentioned in this popular account of medical progress. The author, Paul de Kruif, also wrote the book
that inspired Freis to pursue a career in medicine: The Microbe Hunters.
- NOTE: Partially obscured heading on first page reads: "A new chemical weapon helps the family physician fight deadly hypertension."
- Number of Image Pages:
- 6 (543,374 Bytes)
- 1954-08 (August 1954)
- de Kruif, Paul
- Periodical: de Kruif, Paul. "Rauwolfia Against High Blood Pressure." Reader's Digest 65, 388 (August 1954): 31-36. Article.
- Reader's Digest Association
- Reprinted with permission from the August 1954 Reader's Digest. Copyright (c) 1954 by The Reader's Digest Assn., Inc.
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH):
- Antihypertensive Agents
- Exhibit Category:
- The Veterans Administration Hospital and Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1949-1964
- Box Number: 6
- Folder Number: 6
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Writings and Lectures, 1942-2002
- SubSeries: Works about Freis, 1952-2002
- Folder: de Kruif, Paul - "Rauwolfia Against High Blood Pressure," Reader's Digest, 1954 Aug
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: