Letter from Robert Hofstadter, Henry Taube, William Fowler, and George Wald to Marshall W. Nirenberg
- Letter from Robert Hofstadter, Henry Taube, William Fowler, and George Wald to Marshall W. Nirenberg
Hofstadter, Robert, 1915-1990
- Nirenberg, Marshall W.
- 6 September 1984
- This recalls the statement signed by Albert Einstein, Bertrand Russell, and seven other Nobel laureates in 1955 renouncing thermonuclear weapons and promoting the establishment of peaceful means of settling international disputes. The authors ask Nirenberg to join a new statement, part of a five day conference involving more than one hundred environmental and peace organizations in Washington, D.C. The statement, an elaboration of the Einstein-Russell "Manifesto" of 1955, is included with the letter.
- Box: 5. Folder: 4
- Reproduced with permission of Henry Taube.
- Letters (correspondence)
- 2 pages
- Policy and Action Statement for the Second Biennial Conference on the Fate of the Earth, 1984
- Legacy ID:
- NLM ID:
- Profiles Collection:
- The Marshall W. Nirenberg Papers
- Story Section:
- Beyond the Laboratory: Professional, Personal, and Political Life, 1967-2002