Draft of open letter to President Carter
- Draft of open letter to President Carter
Stockwell, Eugene L.
Stone, I. F.
- Carter, Jimmy, 1924-
- [ca. 7 September 1977]
- This is the text of an "open letter" advertisement that appeared in the Washington Post on 7 September 1977. The signatories protested conditions in Chile under General Augusto Pinochet and urged President Carter to push for better human rights and openness in the South American nation. In addition to Luria, this "open letter" was signed by twenty-nine others and supported by scores of individuals and organizations.
- Original Repository:
- American Philosophical Society. Library. Salvador Luria Papers
- Reproduced with permission of Richard R. Stockwell.
- 1 pages
- Legacy Source Citation:
- Original Repository. American Philosophical Society. Library. Salvador Luria Papers. 12096
- Legacy ID:
- NLM ID:
- Profiles Collection:
- The Salvador E. Luria Papers
- Story Section:
- Politics, Science, and Social Responsibility