Interview with Delbert Philpott (Cover page through page 35)
- Interview with Delbert Philpott (Cover page through page 35)
- Philpott, Delbert E.
- History Associates Incorporated and Kinnane, Adrian (Interviewer)
- 3 June 2004
- Dr. Philpott worked as head of the Electron Microscope Lab at Szent-Gyorgyi's Institute for Muscle Research from 1952 to 1963. He also acted as staff photographer for Szent-Gyorgyi's group during that time.. In this interview, Dr. Philpott describes daily life at the Woods Hole laboratory, and also illustrates Szent-Gyorgyi's unique outlook on life, his sense of humor, his scientific acumen, and the various ways in which his assistance and support inspired loyalty among those who worked with him.. NOTE: An index to the transcript is located on pages 71-72.. NOTE: This interview is part of a series of NLM oral histories conducted with colleagues and friends of Albert Szent-Gyorgyi in 2004.
- Reproduced with permission of Delbert E. Philpott.
- 36 pages
- Interview with Delbert Philpott, 2004
- Legacy ID:
- NLM ID:
- Profiles Collection:
- The Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Papers