The Marshall W. Nirenberg Papers
- Letter from Gerald Grunwald, University of Wisconsin to Marshall W. Nirenberg
- Grunwald thanks Nirenberg for his help in putting grant proposals together, requests a letter of support, and mentions meeting
a group of Nirenberg's present and former postdoctoral students.
- Item is handwritten.
- Number of Image Pages:
- 2 (120,704 Bytes)
- 1980-12-01 (December 1, 1980)
- Grunwald, Gerald
- University of Wisconsin
- Nirenberg, Marshall W.
- Reproduced with permission of Gerald Grunwald.
- Exhibit Category:
- Beyond the Laboratory: Professional, Personal, and Political Life, 1967-2002
- Box Number: 10
- Folder Number: 6
- Unique Identifier:
- Document Type:
- Letters (correspondence)
- Physical Condition:
- Series: Series III: Laboratory Administration, -1993
- SubSeries: Daily Books, 1968-1996
- Folder: #97 - #154 [includes photos], 1980 Oct-1982 Jan
- [stamped, DEC 3 1980]
- Dear Dr. Nirenberg:
- Thanks again for your help in putting my grant proposals together. I hope your recent travels have been pleasant.
- Please find enclosed:
- (1) A complete copy of the NIH proposal for your files.
- (The NIH now has a complete package. I sent a copy of the same grant to NSF. With my application to Dr. O'Reilly, that
makes three applications out now.)
- (2) A cover sheet for the Damon Runyon grant which must be signed and returned to me in the S.A.S.E. provided. This I need
- (3) Instructions for you for the material I need to complete my applications to
- [END PAGE ONE]
- [BEGIN PAGE TWO]
- Damon Runyon and Muscular Dystrophy. If you find it simpler, you can send me the originals for each and I can run off the
copies myself and forward them to the agencies.
- These letters (and C.V., publications, etc) are less urgent than the cover letter (item number 2) which I need right away.
- With these other two grants in, I'll have five possibilities riding. I'm confident enough to stop there, unless you
come up with some other idea.
Thank you once again for your help
- Jerry Grunwald
- P.S. -- I met many of your present and former post docs in Cincinnatti [sic]. Had a great time -- they're a fine group
of people, and I look forward to joining them.
- Metadata Last Modified Date:
- Linked Data: